Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Title of My Autobiography

It is my absolute pleasure and purgatory assignment to conduct the selection rituals for adult non-fiction. With the hundreds of titles I go through each month, every once in a while I come upon one or two that really touch me in that right way that every librarian loves to be touched. And then there are those especially brilliant titles deserving of an even higher honor: the stolen title for my autobiography.

Formerly, the reigning champion title was Ruining it for Everyone.

But, ladies and gentleman, there is a new Queen in town. Now my (as yet unwritten) autobiography is entitled: Somebody's Gotta Say It.

(Maybe I should combine them and make it: Somebody's Gotta Say It: Ruining It for Everyone. But I've gotta work the phrase "book junkie" somewhere in there.)

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger P.B.I. Librarian said...

[i]I[/] am the one who has to say it...though I am accepting applications for franchisees.

:-)

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Angel, librarian and educator said...

How about "The Book Junkie's Got To Say It and Ruin It For Everyone"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home